Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Early Morning Devotions...

I have been very encouraged this morning...i got up at 6:45, took a shower, got dressed, and ate breakfast...when i was waiting for everyone to get ready to leave i read my emails...i had 3 emails from various people from my mom's church saying that they were praying for me...that really got my day off to a great start...it is very encouraging to know that i have people praying for me...when i got to the office i sat down to begin my work day with some devotions...i read in my experiencing God devotional book and in my upmost for his highest oswald chambers devotional book...i am also reading in 1 Cor. right now...1 Cor. 12: Paul says that There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in men... and then verse 12 goes on to say The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many they form one body.  So it is with Christ...for me this just reminds me of the fact that we that are in Christ are all different in many ways, but we are all on the same team and we are working for the same purpose....Jesus' blood washed all of our hearts clean the same way...Paul goes on to say in verse 21 The eye cannot say to the hand "I dont need you!"  And the head cannot say to the feet, "I dont need you!"...It seems to me that Paul is trying to create a visual picture to people of Corinth bc there was division in the church...just like Jesus used parables to speak Paul is trying to get the people to see his point...things cannot work for the glory of God if we are at each other's throats...I am on a team here at KBM and we all are on a team as Christians...we are all working for the same boss, which is Christ...Satan would love for us to be divided bc that will cause our team to fall apart...we need to be aware that the enemy is always looking to devour us and he would love to pounce on us when we let our guard down...working with others can be very difficult, but we need to remember that it is important that we stay together bc we are a body...and "if one part suffers every part suffers with it; and if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it...we are the body of Christ, and each one of you are a part of it"...I want thank any of you that are praying for me...i truly am blessed to have people that will take the time to do that for me...it means a lot....i miss my family...i miss my Laurel...and i miss my friends...but i am making more family and friends here...but im not making any new Laurels!!! haha <---that is my disclaimer....anyways...i know this is where God wants me to be and i am excited to see what he is going to teach me during this time...hopefully i will be adding more pictures and text sometime soon...take care and God bless!!!

1 comment:

khouse5 said...

Matt,
We are amazed and stand in awe as we see God working miraculously in your life! We are praying that your journey this summer will lead you earnestly in the path you have chosen. God is so good!!! Take care and keep us His work!

Love,
Karen and Bobby House

Post a Comment