Wednesday, July 2, 2008

In the last couple days...


In the last couple days we have been in Seattle, Washington serving in various ways.  Since the last update, we went to a homeless mission in Wenatchee, Washington and helped around the complex.  Some of the students did landscaping, some picked peas, some tore down an old green house, some washed vehicles, and some dug out some stumps.  I tried to get a little of all of it bc I really enjoy hard work.  It was really cool to give the staff of this mission a little break from the everyday duties that they are responsible for.  They really seemed like they appreciated our help.  This particular mission is a Christian mission that can house up to 100 people.  While we were there they had about 30 people living there.  Some of them have jobs and some of them just work around the mission.  The students really seemed to enjoy serving the people at the mission.  I talked with a man named Robert that was a real hard worker.  I automatically assumed he was a Christian and as I talked to him more he informed me that he wasn't a believer.  But he mentioned that this was the closest he had ever been in his life to making that decision.  Pray for Robert.  On Sunday we went to the Famous Top Pot Donuts for breakfast and then we went to New Life Christian Church in Seattle.  It was a ethnically diverse church with no air conditioning haha.  It was a really cool experience but a hot one too.  It was fun to worship with the members there.  Monday was a really laid back day for us.  We packed our things up and cleaned up the church we had been staying at.  Tuesday we headed to the airport and flew back to Colorado.  Upon our arrival to the office, we got to meet the student of the 2nd 16 days.  They are a great group of students too.  It is an older group age wise, so I am pumped to get to know them.  Last night Bennett and I got to go back to our "Colorado Parents" (Loren and Cheryl Hayes) house for the night.  We washed all of our clothes and relaxed for the first time in weeks.  It was cool to just hang out and chat with Loren.  I have really enjoyed getting to know Him and his family.  I truly feel that God has a future for our friendship.  I am currently at the office preparing for the next trip.  I read 2 Peter today and have really been encouraged to continue to dive into God's word to increase my faith so that I can be productive and effective in my knowledge of Jesus Christ.(2 Peter 1:5-9)  Laurel and I are continuing to pursue God's plan for our life by fasting from our relationship, so prayers for that are definitely needed.  We need to continue to have prayer for unity on our team of leaders and that we can be the example of Christ for the students.  Thank you for your prayers and concerns.  Until next time...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment