Saturday, June 21, 2008

Let The Games Begin...HEYOHHHHHHHHH!!!

We are leaving today for our road trip from CO to Seattle, WA.  Along the way we will be experiencing many things.  From meeting the students and interacting with them for the last 2 days, I would say that we are in for quite an adventure.  I appreciate all the prayers going up for us and encourage as much as possible.  I know that God has me here for a reason and I want to be the best example of Christ that I can be.  These students come from a wide range of backgrounds, so each one of the have to be cared for differently.  KBM wants them to grow close to God during this time as they can.  I have also been praying that I will be humble and understand that even though I am a leader, I can learn a lot from these students.  They are practicing the faith at the high school age and unfortunately I didn't do that.  With that being said, the good thing is that we serve a God that specializes in those kinds of people.  It is amazing to me that God wants to use us no matter where we have been or what we have done in our past.  More and more each day I have been realizing that God has me here to stretch me and to reveal His perfect for my life.  I am so excited to see what He wants to do through me.  I am so thankful for the Godly parents, Brother, Grandparents, My Lady, Extended Family, and Friends that God has put in my life.  They have been such an influence on who I have become.  I always remember after I became a Christian the note that I found in my Bible from my Dad.  He referred to the story of John the Baptist when he Baptized Jesus in Matthew 3, when Jesus came up out of the water heaven opened up and the spirit of God descended on Him.  Then in verse 17 God said, "This is my son, whom I love, with him I am well pleased."  That forever changed our relationship because I finally understood how much I was loved by my Dad and I had made him proud, and he was proud bc my heavenly father was proud.  Anyways, to sum all that up I LOVE all the people in my life.  Laurel (My Lady) and I have decided to take 40 days from each other while I am out here.  We want to hear God's voice and allow him to totally bless our relationship by revealing to us what direction it needs to take.  I am truly blessed to have a girlfriend like Laurel she is great.  Please pray for us and ask God to show us his plan for our relationship.  If you know Laurel please encourage her and help her through this.  She is very strong but she needs encouragement just like I do.  I am pumped to see what God is going to do throughout this trip that I have embarked on.  Well I gotta go so I will update soon...God Bless!!!  

1 comment:

Loren said...

Yeah, Dog. Be ENCOURAGED!!! Love ya..
Loren

Post a Comment