Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Sweetly Broken"


Good morning everyone!  I hope everyone that reads this is having a great day.  Here at KBM, on Tues., Thurs., and Fri. we start our morning off reading scripture and praying for certain issues that are going on in the lives of the staff and their loved ones.  This morning was really great, so when I went back to my desk I decided to continue the time with God.  When I do my devos I usually have some soft worship music playing in my headphones, it helps drown out the sounds of a typical office.  While reading the song "Sweetly Broken" by Jeremy Riddle came on.  I LOVE this song because it reminds me of the time when I was 23 when I accepted Christ into my life.  Music works that way for me, no matter what you are experiencing, there is a song that can totally sum it up.  The lyrics for "Sweetly Broken" go like this:  

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing

For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled 

Chorus:

In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness

As you read through I thing that it is easy to relate what you are reading.  The feeling is an amazing one and when I hear this song I relive that amazing day when Christ washed my sins away.  The song says, "At the cross Christ beckoned me" (and you).
   
beckon |ˈbekən|verb [ intrans. ]make a gesture with the handarm, or head to encourage someone to come nearer or follow.

Christ made this gesture with his hands, his arms, his head, his heart, his will, the rest of his body and his life.  He died for us so that we could come more near to him.  He wants to know us, he wants us to follow him bc he knows what is in store for those who love and follow him.  When I was "Sweetly Broken" I hit my knees, and as I remember I was lost for words because I weeped for a while before I could speak.  I was lost in the LOVE that Christ had for me, because previously I didn't even remotely follow him or have the desire to, but I felt his arms wrapped around me.  And finally I surrendered my whole life to him.  Christ called me out of sin (death) and called me into life (Christ), and by Christ's death we are reconciled.  That means our relationship with God is restored, we are on "good terms" again, with God.  Now we can see how wondrous his redeeming love is and how great his faithfulness is.  Download the song, it is powerful.  Now he I put links to my blog on myspace and facebook bc I hope that people will find their way too it.  So if you got here on accident or were just curious there is a reason.  I pray that there are some people that read this that don't know Christ yet, because you need to know that Christ wants a real, daily, intimate relationship with you.  And if he will forgive the guy that I used to be, then none of you will have a problem with it.  Jesus said that he is the way, the truth and the life and that no one gets to the father (God) except through him.  So don't waste anymore time, do it now.  While listening to that song I continued reading from 2 Cor. and I ran across a verse that really sums up the life that every Christian should strive to live.  In 2 Cor. 6:3-10 Paul writes, "3We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited.4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed;, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.  I think that Paul is really trying to explain to us what a Christian's life should look like.  Don't make anyone else stumble by how you live your life, commend ourselves in every way, no matter the situation don't lose our focus, with this we make others around us rich, and even if we don't have any material thing we posses everything.  I get chills reading this verse because that is the man that I long to be.  When Jesus walked the earth, that was the life he lived.  I challenge you that if you label yourself a Christian to do everything that you can to live your like 10sorrowful this verse instructs us to.  Sure you will sin, you will falter, but God is a redeeming God.  If we truly seek repentance then we will be forgiven.  However, repentance is not a desire to change, it is always an active response to God's word.  So practice what you preach, live a wholly surrendered life, and watch what God will do.  Thanks for those that are praying for me, I can sure feel it. Feel free to email me or whatever with any request that you may have.  We'll see ya...    

No comments:

Post a Comment