Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Great Awakening...

Today I took a group of students; from NewSpring's youth group FUSE*, to the Greenville Rescue Mission.  I remember the first time that I served in a Rescue Mission and how it opened my eyes to a whole other way.  It was a joy to have the opportunity to see these students serve the men of this mission.  I think that many Christians pray for the lost and pray for Jesus to break their hearts for what breaks His, but are they putting feet to their prayers?  When you take a step of faith God may show you that you have a passion to serve others in an unusual way.  I know that is what happened in my life, and im pretty sure that happened today in the lives of 6 young men, and 2 other leaders.  It is such a joy to see men get fired up about Kingdom work.  One of the students walked up to me and said, "Man this is awesome, if I didn't decide to come I would have just been sitting around at my house."  That shows me that today there was a "Great Awakening" in the heart of a young man.  I am so proud of all the guys that went with me.  They have no idea the size of the impact that they had on the men of that mission.  The fact is that there could be a "Great Awakening" in the heart of EVERY Christian, all they have to do is answer the call that Jesus gives everyone of us in the Great Commission.  When we look at our lives; as Christians, do they reflect the life that Christ lived?  Are we making disciples of ALL nations?  Are we cross-cultural in our approach as a church or school? (Music, Outreach, Clubs)  Are we colorblind?  (We need to be) Are we going outside the camp? (Rough neighborhoods, un-reached regions)The fact is that Jesus did reach out to ALL nations and He made the first disciples, He was intentionally cross-cultural in his approach, He didn't pick and choose who He served bc of their color or status, and he ALWAYS went outside the camp to do His thang.  (Hebrews 13:13)  We need to check ourselves as Christians bc God has given us the power to do great things.  In the history of Christianity; in America, there have only been 2 "Great Awakenings," I think it is time WE start another one....

One Love,
B-Eazy

No comments:

Post a Comment