Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The wheels up there are turning...

Here it is at 2:28 a.m. in the morning and I am still up.  I just have so many things running through my head right now.  I have been praying for a God sized dreamed to be laid on my heart and it seems that my prayers are being answered.  Of course, I understand it could take years for a dream to be reality, but doesn't something spark the dreams we have at night?  Since the incredible summer I had working with Kingdom Building Ministries, God has really challenged me to get involved.  As this semester started, I just tried to take advantage of some opportunities that God had put before me.  I started by getting the "Red Tape" out of the way.  The applications, interviews, meetings, etc...  After that I was cleared to work at a homeless missionto be a mentor of a 12 year old boy, and be a small group leader at FUSE*.  Along with these things, my plan was to still have time to take 18 credit hours in school.  As the semester moved along I realized that God was allowing me to devote ample time to all these things.  I continued to pray that God would allow me to manage my time wisely, and He did.  The joy from all of this is seeing the fruit that flourishes from God using you for His purpose.  My friendship with Armondre (the boy I mentor) has now turned in to 5 boys, as I shared in an earlier post.  While spending time at Armondre's house, God has given me the opportunity to share Christ with his mother, sister, and even his neighbor.  That just blows my mind.  Next, I have been working at the rescue mission a couple times a week, and God is blowing my mind there too.  I have been working in the kitchen.  I try to get there so that I can help prepare, serve the food, and clean up after the meal.  During this time God has given me numerous opportunities to share the Love that God has for us with others.  Sometimes it's just a big smile and a "How Ya Doin?", or other times I may have a deep conversation with someone.  I have even got the opportunity to share Christ with a Gnostic.  The options are endless when it comes to how many ways you could be use at that place.  They need people to lead worship and speak in chapel, people to cook, people to clean, people to counsel, people to pray, people to prepare food, people to well you get the picture.  The point is that whatever you do well, they could use your services.  This place serves those that Jesus talked about when He said "The least of these."  These people may be drug addicted, alcoholic, bankrupt, homeless, sick, etc...  But the beauty of it is that their lives change when they enter the mission.  Day 1 they are trusted with a job and shown that they have a purpose there.  The more I talk to the men there the more my heart breaks for the community.  They don't only serve men,  there are several families with children that live at the mission as well.  Last, but not least, I have been working at NewSpring Church's youth group called FUSE*.  That is one of the things that I do with the boys that I mentioned.  They also like to go to the 6 o clock service on Sundays.  All the students at FUSE* are impacted every single week.  The worship is great, the small groups are stellar, and the messages are meaty.  God moves every single week there.  I am so blessed to be apart of all this.  You may be asking, "Where is he going with all this?"  The point I am trying to make is that all of these things are privileges.  I don't deserve a single one of them bc I am a sinner, but through Christ I have been forgiven and I now have life.  Before I was saved, I spent 23 years doing world business and now I want to be about Kingdom Business.  If the same POWER that raised Christ from the dead lives in me, then what am I capable of?  I'll tell you right now it is not meant to be used playing Halo 3.  Im not pointing any fingers or standing on a soap box, but it breaks my heart for there to be a list full of kids that need mentors, multiple surrounding cities with thousands of homeless people, and broken lives everywhere else you look.  In the middle of all these things there are churches, Christian Universities, and "Christians".  Are lives being changed?  Sure there are lives being changed all over the community.  The question is, are you willing to be used to change lives?  I am not trying to boast about what I do at all, I would post this as anonymous if I could.  It is just sad that so many people are capable of making a HUGE difference of the lives of many people that have just lost all hope.  I have just been challenged lately, to step it up a notch.  It's like Brad Cooper said, "Act before you preach."  That is the way I want to live my life.  I don't want depend on anyone but God, so I put my focus on him and just DO WORK.  The odd thing that I have realized about all this is that I get a real joy from serving others.  I guess that is why Jesus said, "Love God First and  Then Love People."  I pray that others will get on board with these kind of things.  I pray that God continues to break my heart for what breaks His and that He will reveal Himself to the students at FUSE*, my little crew of boys, and the homeless at the mission.  It isn't a question of is God going to move bc it is a question of how.  I think that He is calling other Christians to be a part of it as well.  I think that God is putting that very thing on my heart.  God is calling me to Act before I Preach and to move others to do that as well...Im going to continue to pray for all these things and God will do His thing...so now I just need to hold on bc I am going to be going on a wild ride...daggum it is flippin 3:45 a.m. I gotta hit tha hay we'll see ya...  

No comments:

Post a Comment